New Media Directions

Join me as I take a look at "the future that has already happened", and the one to come for New Media.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

NEWSPAPER CHAINS FACE TOUGH FINANCIAL CHALLENGES

From PBS's web site:

NEWSPAPER CHAINS FACE TOUGH FINANCIAL CHALLENGES

"If I'm a journalist, trying to cover news in the Boston area, and all of a sudden -- you know, I have been working for 15 years, and my audience in print has been declining at 1 -- you know, 1 percent, a point each year, the Internet comes along, and my audience has suddenly expanded again.

And, if you take "The Boston Globe," for example, their Web site, Boston.com, has four or five times the reach that "The Boston Globe" does. And, so, as a journalist, my potential to have an impact and knit a -- knit a community together should have gone up. "


http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/media/jan-june06/paper_3-9.html

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script