New Media Directions

Join me as I take a look at "the future that has already happened", and the one to come for New Media.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Identifying the future

They say that most artists only become famous after they die. For me that's what happened in relation to Peter Drucker, one of the wisest of business philosophers. It wasn't until after he died that I became interested in his writings due to all the exposure his death got in magazines and newspapers.

Here is a paraphrased extract of some of his writings on Innovation:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The most important work of the executive is to identify the "future that has already happened", and to develop a methodology for identifying and analyzing these changes.

The important challenge is to exploit the changes that have already occurred and to use them as opportunities.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highly appropriate for the field of New Media, don't you think?

Reading this has motivated me to start this blog so I can keep track of:

1. The trends I'll be identifying and analyzing
2. The learning process I'm going through as a "new" New Media Director
3. Other management, business and technology topics I enjoy reading about

Victor...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Victor,

So very true! Keep up the good work and read Clayton Chirstsen's book the "The Innovators Dilemma" where the past shows us the future!

Thanks
HC

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

hit counter script